Copyright (c) 2020 Paul Omogie All Right Reserved

Monday, 24 August 2026

ORANYAN MARKET FIRE: Odidiomo Moves To Support Affected Traders, Promises Stronger Advocacy

In the aftermath of the devastating midnight fire that ravaged parts of Oranyan Market in Ibadan, I visited the market today to see the situation for myself and stand in solidarity with the traders who have been badly affected.

The scene was heartbreaking. Shops that once represented years of sacrifice, determination, and investment were reduced to ruins, while goods painstakingly gathered for businesses were lost in a matter of hours. For many of the affected traders, this is not simply a loss of property; it is a serious blow to their livelihoods and the welfare of their families.

During my visit, I engaged with the victims, listened carefully to their experiences, and assessed the extent of the damage. Their stories reinforced the need for urgent attention and meaningful support as they begin the process of rebuilding their businesses and lives.

I deeply sympathise with every trader and family affected by this unfortunate incident. At moments like this, leadership must go beyond words. It must involve presence, compassion, advocacy, and a genuine commitment to finding solutions.

I will continue to engage relevant authorities and stakeholders to explore possible interventions that can support the affected traders during this difficult period. I will equally continue to advocate for stronger fire-prevention measures, improved emergency response systems, and safer market environments across our communities.

Our people should never have to face moments of crisis alone. Representation means standing with them in difficult times, listening to their concerns, and working tirelessly toward solutions. 

May God strengthen the affected traders, restore what has been lost, and grant everyone involved the courage and resources to rebuild. Oranyan will rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ORANYAN MARKET FIRE: Odidiomo Moves To Support Affected Traders, Promises Stronger Advocacy

In the aftermath of the devastating midnight fire that ravaged parts of Oranyan Market in Ibadan, I visited the market today to see the situ...